cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export/import new SCV and products?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a new product, product version, software component and software component version in the SLD.

Now I need to import that to another XI system with a different SLD. The product, product version etc. is unknown in the target XI system.

How/What do I have to export all these new things?

If I try to export/import the SCV, I get the following message during import:

"<b>The target namespace for the special import already contains data for one or more export lines. Continuing this import may corrupt the state of your data.</b>

Import CIM models and data to the current namespace: sld/active (Database).

Ensure that this import will not cause an inconsistent state of your data.

If you are uncertain about the consequences of this import, you should cancel it. "

Do I need more export/import steps? That means: First the product, than the product version, than the SV and finally the SVC?

Thanks and regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

if you want to move SLD content

have a look at this doc:

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000315022005E.PDF

it's an officla guide to moving SLD content

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry but this a "complete content copy" guide...

I just need to know how to get a new SVC to the target system. Can I destroy anything using the import function from the SLD administration menu. Is that import incremental?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I have never encountered a problem using the export/import although that message did concern me when I first saw it. You could always do an export of the target SLD before the import.

Kind regards

Ian