cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI integration with Peoplesoft

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How we can integrate XI with other applications like Peoplesoft.I have read it in adapter framework that Webmethods can be used for that.

Does anybody has an overview of how the integration will work.

Thanks,

Rekha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SD78
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

Another possibility would be over the iway adapter.

Info: http://www.iwaysoftware.com/products/adapters/peoplesoft.html

bye

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

You can integrate PepoleSoft and other systems using XI as a message broker.

You first need to analyize the buisness process between the two systems.

then you have to define the master data source system if any Master data transformation needed (although not reccomended)

you can use any connectivity method supplied by SAP XI that is:

SOAP,HTTP,file,and JDBC outbound from/inbound to Pepeole soft.

RFC,PROXY,IDoc, outbound from/inbound to SAP.

Make sure you don't get into master data synchrinization issues. try to stick to buisness process between systems and transactional data. try to aviod batch processing for better and easy performance,monitoring and developing in XI.

for example if you have a service order created in Pepole soft CRM,create the resulted issues in the SAP system (Financial,Customer service or what evert matching your buisness scenario).

If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to answer.

Nimrod Gisis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimrod,

Thanks for your reply.

Can we use SAOP,HTTP,FILE JDBC adapter of XI system to integrate with Peoplesoft.In adapter framework it is mentioned that for applications like peoplesoft there are third paty adapters like webmethods.

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Rekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimrod

where do u work in israel ?

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again Rekha,

I think it all depands on the amount and types of interfaces and data needed needed to be transfered between the systems.

We need to go over the Iway solution and see what are the featyres given by the adapter.

(from a brief read of the iway pdf) i saw they use the same methods (XML,SOAP,IDocs) to interact between systems.

the adavtage of Iway might be the fast implementation (out of the box maybe) and that there might be no development needed...big adavantage.

But some times the use of XI fits better because of the costs of the adapter or the ability to be a hub and send this data to other systems as well (again I'm not familiar with I-way solution so maybe they can do it to if they have a development enviorment for the adapter).

I reccomand you to contact I-way and get as much info as possible then decide wether its better to go with XI or the adapter.

I give you an example from SAP...

the CRM solution comes with an application called data migrator or something like that,this tool synchronize master data betweenn the SAP CRM and SAP ERP...this tool was written for the CRM and becasue of that fits well for the integration (4000 software developers can't go wrong.... )

For this integration between the systems XI is not a match for my opinion and it will take some developments in XI (the easy part) and in ABAP for the CRM and R3(not so easy part) to integrate thouse two.

So......

Go over the Blue print or understand the customer integration needs and scenarios.

Then decide according to the I-way information on the adapter which way is the best..XI or 3rd party adapter.

By the way webmethod is an instegration tool like XI and as I recall they dont have a Peploe soft specific adapter.

Good luck.

(points.....)

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

Advantech comapny,formally knwon as saPro.

Head of the XI division.

and you?

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

call me:

052-6116713