cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - Too complicated SQL statement (too much data)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After upgrade of our application from MaxDB 7.5 to 7.8 i get an error

SAP DBTech JDBC: [-1105]: Too complicated SQL statement (too much data)

The application worked on MaxDB 7.5 without problems.

The CommandBufferSize is set to 131072

Any idea for the cause of this problem ?

Regards

Reinhard Graf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reinhard,

set database parameter EnableVariableInput to YES and it should do. You have to restart your database to have the change take effect.

Regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

this parameter is already set to YES.

Regards,

Reinhard

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hmm, then it could be that your JDBC driver is rather old - could you please post the version here (you normally find sapdbc.jar in sapdb/programs/runtime/jar; run java -jar sapdbc.jar -V).

Thx,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here the output:

package com.sap.dbtech.jdbc, MaxDB JDBC Driver, SAP AG, 7.6.06 Build 007-000-009

-441 (Make-Version: 7.8.01 Build 018-121-240-252)

Regards,

Reinhard

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reinhard,

ok, now we are in trouble - this should work. To analyse this problem (I suppose you are not SAP customer otherwise you would have had already opened an OSS call, right?) we need the statement and a trace of the problem. Activate the trace with following commands in dbmcli

trace_on default

and

trace_on order

and run the command that causes the problem. After this flush and generate the trace using dbmcli again

trace_flush

and

trace_prot akbx

. This will generate a trace file <DBNAME>.prt in the run directory of the database. Send me the file and the command using the link I'll send you per mail.

Switch off the trace with

trace_off all

Regards,

Steffen

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reinhard,

now that we have the trace and the statement that causes the trouble - is it possible to send us the table definitions of the

tables that are part of the statement? Because the statement is rather complicated we would need these definitions to try to reproduce the error here in our labs. You could also send me the definitions per email.

But I have to state that it might take a while to find the error - do you have any workaround to proceed with your work?

Regards,

Steffen