cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fire a plug when opening a comp as a popup

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am opening a WD component as a popup using cl_wdr_runtime_services=>display_view_in_popup().

Unfortunately, the default inbound plugs of the window or the view are not called when I go this wy.

Is there anything I can do? How can I make sure that the inbound plug handler(s) are called when opening the comp. in a popup?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You can make it Inbound Plug as Default. then system automcatically will call that inbound plug handler method when you open this window.

Step:

In Window, Just right click on the Inbound plug and you will get a small popup , in that pop up select Set as Default .

Regards,

Vijay

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx for the hint.

Maybe i did not get it, but I don't have that option when I right click on an inbound plug in the window.

I can define the inbound plug as "Standard", "Startup" and "Resume". But that does not help, since the plug was already defined as "Startup".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

I think it is better to have the logic (coding) moved to a method from and call the method from the inbound plug or first_time in wdddomodifyview based on your requirement. You can even introduce a switch in the attribute so that you know if that one time execution happened.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I think you are doing on Window's Inbound plug. you should make it Default for View's Inbound plug. which is embed in that Window.

Regards,

Vijay

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe i did not get it, but I was still not able to define an inbound plug as "default". Where should this be possible? In the window? If yes, where exactly?

I can define a view that is embedded into a view contained as "defaul", but this does not help. It is already the case, and still the inbound plug handlers are not called when showing the component as a popup.