cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Overwritten of tax indicators while extending customer sales area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sap gurus,

while extending customer to other sales area, tax classifications are overwritten, so please give me a solution

Assume that i created a customer 123 to the sales area 1000 01 01 with the tax classifications 0

the same customer 123 is extended to the other sales area 1100 01 01 with the tax classifications 1 changed, while extending the customer, here tax had been overwritten and the same will be in 1000 also as 1.

Thanks in advance

Ratnam

Edited by: ratnamsri on Apr 14, 2011 1:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alex_zheng
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnam,

Unfortunately, I regret to tell you that the situation you describe is the standard system behaviour: in XD02, if you change the tax

classification (KNVI-TAXKD) for a sales organization/ plant, this tax classification is automatically transferred to all other sales

organizations of this customer. The reason is that table KNVI has the following primary keys:

MANDT x MANDT CLNT 3 T000 Client

KUNNR x KUNNR CHAR 10 KNA1 Customer number

ALAND x ALAND CHAR 3 T005 Delivering country

TATYP x TATYP CHAR 4 T685A Tax category (sales

TAXKD TAKLD CHAR 1 TSKD Tax classification

The x marks the key to this field.

Please note that the sales area is not in the table hence the system changes the tax classification for all sales areas.

The tax classification (field: KNVI-TAXKD) for a customer depends on the country and not on the sales area. This is a legal requirement. So if you change this field, it is changed for all sales areas.

There is no possibility to make it sales area dependant except for a modification.

I hope that this information is of assistance to you.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your valuable feedback,but client requirement was different, because when ever i am creating a sales order what ever the default taxes are there,it is fetching into sales order, but here for both the sales organisations tax classifications to be different, i think you can understood my problem.

Thanks in Advance

Ratnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to either:

1. Create additional tax indicators for the different countries

OR

2. Include the sales org/area in the tax code determination.

Either way, you will need to change the access sequence for the tax condition.

Please note - it is quite normal to change the access sequence. Too many people struggle with taxes because they don't realise that the SAP delivered access sequence is just an example. Change the configuration to meet your requirements - this is what SAP intends.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When ever,you are extending teh customer to another sales area,the tax classification will not be overwritten.

In your example,if you are creating Sales order in the sales area 1000/01/01,the tax will be fetched as "0" and when ever creating the sales order in the sales area 1100/01/01,tax indicator 1 will be taken into consideration.

Regards,

Krishna.