Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman Configuration

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to solution manager. I have to configure the following components. How many days it will take each work.

My landscape : solman ehp1, ECC : DEV,QTY,PRD. ( SP14).

1. System Landscape Configuration

2. Change Request Management Configuration

3. Service Desk Configuration

4. SAP Early watch Alert Configuration

Regards

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

This can vary depending on a number of factors. What I suggest is looking at the Presentatins and Simulations available at

http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman, in the Online Knowledge Products. Look for the tasks in your list and you should get an idea by the length of the simulation. All the documentation is give a time, so you know how much time is involved. While this is for the

information in the sim or document typically it would take about the same time to do it too. So you can get a bench mark timing this way.

Regards,

Paul

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply, I will read the link.

Can we say 30 working days approximately.

Thanks

siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could say again it depends, we have implemented charm in our landscape which is very small (17 systesm) we took nearly 2 weeks.

and in our environment we already had SMSY, EWA configured.

So if you have enough dedicated resource you could finish it off all the above 4 of your requirement with minimum effort of 8 hours working a day for 30 days.

Please get back anyother releated query,

Thanks,

Jansi

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

As Jansi said it would depend on the number of systems, but if I recall you had a Solution Manager system and an ERP ECC system with Dev, QAS and PRD. This would not take 30 days, assuming no learning curve was required. If you are learning as you go then it becomes more difficult as you can hit road blocks that keeps you spinning your wheels for longer periods of time.

But what we are talking 4 ssytems, so I would think 30 days is enough for the tasks with allowance for some learning.

If you are an Enterprise Support customer, you may want to take advantage of some of the EGI (Expert Guided Implementation) for which there is more information available on Service Marketplace. But these sessions spend part of the day with an Expert showing you what to do, and you send the second half doing it on your own systems, with access to the expert. This can facilitate and expedite these implementations.

Regards,

Paul

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thank you ,

Service desk config is prerequisite to charm configuraton?

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Service Desk configuartion similar to Charm

you will check below link, you got some ideas about all the configuration.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/Home

Regards,

kalees

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You may want to take a look at /people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/04/14/service-desk-configuration-guide-for-dummies for Service Desk and

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/ChangeRequestManagement for CHaRM

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Service desk config is prerequisite to charm configuraton?

Answer is No. But while perfoming solman_setup itself you will be completing basic service desk configuration

for configurtion follow the wiki links provided by paul.

Thanks,

Jansi

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well, yes and no, full configuration of Service Desk is not needed for ChaRM to work, but a good deal of ChaRM functionality requires basic configuration of Service Desk. But most of the needed configuration is just activating BC sets and applying notes, so it depends which way you look at it...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any Idea ?

Approximately how many days It will take all?