cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending same message in diff formats dynamically in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently am working on File to File scenario.

Here I want write file in 3 different formats based on input. Is there anyway we can achieve this using single receiver channel and single message interface.

3 diff formats means changing the delimiter based on input.

I need to change the directories also based on input.

Regards,

Sudha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

martin_dejl2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhasree,

I don't think it's impossible with only one receiver communication channel. If I understand your requirement, you are creating CSV file and you need to dynamically change only the separator, not the structure right?

If yes, then you may be able to set parameter of Content Conversion "NameA.fieldSeparator" using variable:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/6a316af5a23672e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

Honestly I never tried for Content Conversion parameters but for folder and filename it's working very well.

The main idea is to put your separator to special field in mapping and extract the value into variable.

If you will not use this element (let's say root/separator[1]) in structure description in the Content Conversion tab, the Adapter will ignore it.

As I said, I never tried it with Cont. conv. but in theory it should work for you. For directory it'll work on 100%.

Martin

Edited by: Martin Dejl on Apr 14, 2011 5:05 PM

So I checked again documentation and now it seems to be dead end. The very first sentense is pretty clear:

"In the file/FTP adapter, you can use variables in the entries for the target directory and file name scheme."

This probably means, it's possible but only for directory. You can still try it but it may be faster to create configuration for 3 Communication Channels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are going to use 3 different structure therefore you need 3 different Data Types & Message Types and hence you will require 3 different Message Interfaces. Also it is not possible to use 1 CC for all 3 different structures so you will need 3 different CC as well. For choosing target dir you can use variable substitution method or Dynamic Configuration method (this will require a UDF).

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

>3 diff formats means changing the delimiter based on input

Not possible. You need 3 different inbound interfaces and 3 receiver channels.

>I need to change the directories also based on input

No problem, you can use variables for the target directory.

Regards,

Udo