cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping at header level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have implemented a logic for field MATNR at the header level in the message mapping. Logic is when the value is not coming for a field it throws a customized exception.And the same field has different logic in the mapping under header.

As per my understanding the header level logic will be executed firsrt and if ever it is true then only rest of the mapping will be executed. Correct me If I am wrong here

Thanks,

Regards,

Moorthy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

The mapping works in a hierarchial manner. If the header mapping fails or is not true, the corresponding values of sub nodes will also not be executed/populated for that particular context. (Context is extremely important in this regards).

Think it as a nested if stmnt. Ex:

if() <- check condition for header

{

if() <- check condition for first node after header - doesnt get here when the above if stmnt is false

{

if () { <- check condition for second node after header and so on

--

--

}

}

}

Hope this clarfies. Let me know if any doubts.

Cheers,

Souvik

Edited by: Souvik Chatterjee on Apr 14, 2011 3:59 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Moorthy

so if you want to handle this situation you can first add logic which you have provided to header and then use condition if not and then continue your logic for same field which is coming second time..

so it will first check your first logic and if true will continue with logic else you have same logic as you have use it for header in place to handle this..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The compiler compiles each and every node and then decides which nodes to be created or filled based on conditions. So it will not check only header level logic, it will do for all nodes but ofcourse if header node mapping gets false or suppressed then it won't check for it's sub-nodes.