cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom button events in FPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

Please forgive my ignorance, as I'm on old-school procedural developer who is new to FPM? I was wondering if someone could explain to me the mechanism by which a custom event is triggered from a custom bottom added to the component toolbar in FPM.

I have added the button and created the custom event against the button, can't determine where the event is coded (i.e. in FPM_GAF_COMPONENT object, in the custom WDA view or elsewhere) and how the FPM button event is linked to the WDA or FPM process.

I would appreciate any assistance you could offer in clarifying this.

Regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would suggest that you take some time to study the develppers guide here http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90f3cfd2-46d0-2b10-b3ab-eabf3452c...

You need to capture the custom button event in process_event method of webdynpro component (which is used as UIBB in FPM configuration ).

See some example components in APB_FPM packages/sub packages.

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Baskaran, forgive me if I'm replying to this old thread, but I'm in a similar situation as I've added a new button on the FPM_OIF_COMPONENT toolbar (made by component configurator)... did not understand where I should capture my custom button event.
You said that the method PROCESS_EVENT is the point in which we should code our logic... but where is it? Because this one's an FPM_OIF application, we have several main views and subviews, and so many Web Dynpro component... didn't understand where shoud I put my code.

Could you kindly help me? Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Baskaran,

Thank you for explaining the missing link. I see how the FPM event is coded in the WDA Component Method PROCESS_EVENT, and it all makes sense. That was the missing puzzle piece.

All points awarded.

Regards,

Steve