cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How differentiate POs classic scenario and POs extended classic scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is possible determine that some POs are generated in SRM system and send to R3 (Extended classic scenario) and other POs only to send from SRM to R3 system (classic scenario) in the same system?

How we can differentiate which POs should be sent to R3 (classic scenario) and which not? Is possible use type of document for example? Could you explain me if exists standard process?

The objective is determining the following: Is necessary differentiating POs created in SRM of importation and should be sent to R3 system (classic scenario), and in case of local POs (not importation) is necessary extended classic scenario.

I have understood that there is a scenario that includes the Classic and Extended Classic, I think is called Decoupled scenario.

Thanks for your help!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PO's can be differentiated with the help of number range settings. But iam not sure about in De-coupled scenario.

FranckDupasSAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes this is possible.

You can do it automatically based on the product category. You must define the back-end system you wish to use for each product category by making the relevant settings in Customizing for SAP SRM under SRM Server --> Technical Basic Settings --> Define Backend System for Product Category

Check the online documentation here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm701/helpdata/en/f3/6f505050404ce99151722a79a2c089/frameset.htm

You can also use Business Add-In BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI to overwrite settings made in Activate Extended Classic Scenario and implement more rues for the scenario determination, e.g. based on the purchasing organization for manually created PO's.

First you set you system to Activate Extended Classic Scenario : SPRO --> SAP Supplier Relationship Management --> SRM Server --> Cross-Application Basic Settings --> Activate Extended Classic Scenario.

Then you set exceptions in the BAdI.

Regards

Franck