Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to and from eternal system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've following scenario:

Sender SAP R/3 system is sendind IDOC of type say A to XI system, XI system is mapping IDOC of type A to say IDOC B, then finally XI is sending IDOC B to receiver SAP R/3 system [External system}

Note: Reverse scenario is also there in which we are receiving IDoc from external r/3 system and mapping it to different IDOC in XI then sending to SAP System.

Development done so far:

ID:

I've imported IDOC A in XI. SInce I didn't had authoriztion to import IDOC B from target so I asked client to provide XSD od IDOC B.

I created one inbound message interface using IDOC B XSD and also completed the mapping part using same XSD.

IR:

I've created one IDOC receiver communcation channel for external system. I completed the configuration

ALE:

I've created on RFC destination of type 3 to connect external SAP system. I created port in IDX1 for IDOC communcaition.

Problem:

When I am sending IDoc to exxternal sap system then message is getting failed in moni. IDoc adapter is not accepting the message interface creted based on IDoc XSD.

I believe I need to import IDoc meta data from target system for IDOC B. since in XI i didn't imported IDOC instead I used IDO XSD.

it may be the reason.

Please help me to solve the problem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I am doing testing of my scenario.

As I've described the scenario in my last post. I am sending a IDoc A from my sender system and traslating it to IDoc B in XI, then sending it to the external SAP system (SAP 4.6). Basically IDOC XI IDC scenario but with the slightly change of converting one idoc to other.

During test:

I received following error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_IDOC_METADATA</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>I::000</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Error: I::000</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Trace:

<Trace level="1" type="T">Parse XML-BODY</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">Get the Metadata for port SAPLSD</Trace>

</Trace>

</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="B" name="CL_XMS_MAIN-WRITE_MESSAGE_LOG_TO_PERSIST" />

<Trace level="1" type="System_Error">Error exception return from pipeline processing!</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="B" name="CL_XMS_MAIN-WRITE_MESSAGE_TO_PERSIST" />

I've created one idoc port in XI named 'SAPLSD' inside I've used RFC destination to the target system. During runtime metadata is not loaded in IDX2.

When I tried importing metadata manually, i received the following error

"No RFC destination is maintained for the port"

is there any particular naming i should use for idx port and for rfc destination??

what could be the problem?? ....

Q. is it because of the RFC destination is not OK or

Q. the I do not have proper authoirsation to import metadata from LES system or

Q. Since target system is SAP 4.6 system.... is it could be the problem? [Unicode]

Please suggest

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>"No RFC destination is maintained for the port"

At idx1 is a field for a port: "Destination". This field must contain the destination. Double click leads you to the destination. It should be type 3 (ABAP). 4.6. might be "non-unicode", ask the admin of the target system.

Try to do a remote login. This might be impossible because the user is a service user. That user need to have authorization to pick up metadata.

Check out transaction SM58 if you get there error messages. Check out as well SM21 for corresponding errors.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

my problem got resolved. The problem was with the authorization in the RFC user.

Thanks to all

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>RFC destination created for target system connection test is succefull , but remote logon is unsuccessful.

For in this case, you have to see SAP notes: 189077 and 704206.

Hopes this helps to you.

Regards,

P.Rajesh

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please note:

The IDoc structure which you import into your respository (XSD) is different from the "meta data" which are more a ABAP structure. The xsd can be loaded from the system you communicate with or from an other SAP system (if you are handling with SAP IDocs it should be no problem). You can as well create them manually but this is not recommantable.

The meta data are loaded by the IDoc adapter during runtime when you execute the message for the first time. You can follow up and manually load the meta data in transaction IDX2, you should try to load them manually (to reduce the error reasons).

The meta data load can fail because PI cannot reach the external SAP system. You should check the port and the destination and the user (authorization).

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am able to import idoc from external system, but not able to remote logon in external sap system (4.6) via RFC destination.

RFC destination created for target system connection test is succefull , but remote logon is unsuccessful.

is it possible, that due to this reason metadata is not loaded in XI and my messages are getting failed??

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>remote logon is unsuccessful. is it possible, that due to this reason metadata is not loaded in XI and my messages are getting failed??

It might be a service user so no remote login is possible.

As Agasthuri mentioned: Describe EXACTLY what you doing / testing / executing and post the error messages to allow SDN experts analyzing.

Regards,

Udo

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tapan,

>When I am sending IDoc to exxternal sap system then message is getting failed in moni.

Wht error message you are getting

The User ID you used in RFC destination has the authorization ?

Cheers

Agasthuri