cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoadMap implemetation example required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my appl, I need to use RoadMap feature. I have only simple 2 steps for this.

1.User authentication and

2.Displaying data on user type.

Where and what exactly has to be coded?

Plz give me step-by-step procedure. What to be given for onSelect and onLoadSteps properties.

How to associate actions with steps?

Help is highly aprreciated and rewarded.Help me

regards,

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

But these links does not talk abt, how to implement a simple RoadMap appl

All i need is a simple impl for RoadMap. Can u guide me the steps right from creating a RoadMap and assigning the actions and code in wdDoModifyView() method?

What settings to be given in properties and the like

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

I want to know what to be given in context for CustomController and View as well. How the binding is done for my appl.

What to be written in wdDoModifyView() method, and what settings hav to be done in properties for these feilds and the like.

Thanks a lot

regards

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First create the steps of roadmap by rightclick the roadmap and selecting Insert Step.Assign Different ID 's to the steps

2.Create a attribute of type string and assigned to the SelectedStep property of Roadmap

3.Set this attribute by the ID like

wdContext.currentContextElement.setRoad("ID1");

4.Create a action and get the ID in ID, based on the selection Action should be performed

Regards,

Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

>>3.Set this attribute by the ID like

wdContext.currentContextElement.setRoad("ID1");

where do u want me to write this code?

regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Consider suppose i want to indicate i'm in my first step, then I put this code in First view and it applies for other views

Regards

Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Suppose am implementing it for FlightList example, then in my first step i shud show a view like From City and To City and when the user clicks search button the next view displays list of flights, how to use RoadMap feature for this? plz explain more clearly step wise.

Thanks a ton, you clarified most of my doubts.

regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should create steps according to your condition.In the Init() of first view, set the attribute with the id of first step and second with second ID etc..

Regards,

Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saravanan,

This is how i did:

created 2 views Search and Result and added these to a VeiwSet. In search i used this RoadMap. I created (value attributes)attr1 in search and attr2 in Result.In search view theer is a button called search and when i click on the search button the results are displayed in result view. in wdDoInit() of search I have written like:

wdContext.currentContextElement().setAttr1("Steps1");and in wdDoInit() of result view:

wdContext.currentContextElement().setAttr1("Steps2");

and onSelect property of RaodMap i have given search action. Initially the step1's design is selected

and when i click on search button the step2 shud be enabled, its not happening how to do this?

plz help me

reagrds,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Give the code in search view wdDoInit()

wdContext.currentContextElement().setAttr1("Steps1");

and give the

wdContext.currentContextElement().setAttr1("Steps2");

in the action of Button

Regards,

Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saravanan,

Thanks for the help, now the second button is selected and enabled but the first step shud not be selected when i click search button. How to make this happen?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly give the code in onPlugFrom of second view not in DoInit() of second view.

Kindly elaborate your problem if exists

Regards

Saravanan K

Message was edited by: Saravanan K