cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do a trace on a SQLQuery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having intermittent trouble retrieving DB2 data from an IBM Mainframe via a SQLQuery in a BLS transaction.

The first message in the default trace log files shows

Category:  /Applications/XMII 
Application:  sap.com/xapps~xmii~ear 
Thread:  SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_58 

App code terminates the transaction after the error, so this message is next followed by a whole bunch more.

Message:  [....][ERROR]: ACTION FAILED: End Action MF_SAPSOOU : 
        (SQL Query) LSIMON/Transactions/EX/overview251Trans
 Category:  /Applications/XMII/Xacute/Runner 
 Application:  sap.com/xapps~xmii~ear 
 Thread:  SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_58 

The timeout on the Action Block is 60 seconds. The Action Block is repeated multiple times.

I am putting some aggressive logging into the application for trace purposes because the Basis people haven't been able to get a trace. Is there a way to trace the data source from the system side?

I did see a Debug and a Trace parameter on the Action Block that runs the query. What do these do?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

The Debug and Trace properties are more common properties - typically used at the applet level for extra logging information in the java console, so they won't help in this situation.

Depending upon your log level, you should be able to see statements like "Executing query: SELECT..." in the NW logs, and I think INFO is all you need, not DEBUG. It should also show more info surrounding the request, including session properties, param.x's, etc.

Regards,

Jeremy