cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order ATP (ECC) with Working Times - available customizing methods?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All.

We're having some issues with sales order atp and working times.

Seems like the sales order atp function is not looking at the time zone assigned to the working times. I would have guessed the time zone would have come from the shift sequence or just the time zone off the shipping point or plant.

Seems like it's taking the time zone assigned to the user though.

Any thoughts on this ECC functionality?

Seems like it works ok if atp is checked in APO.

Otherwise, we may need to do a little customizing update the material availability date to the correct date, or update the correct timezone if possible, or possibly roll back the confirmed dates by one day if the request misses the cut off on the working times due to the delta in the timezone checked.

I've been reviewing:

userexit_availability_in, userexit_availability_out, exit_saplatpc_001, and userexit_check_vbep but nothing jumps out at me as a good option.

Any thoughts on an approach for this?

Anyone made any similar updates through userexit, badi, cmod, other?

Looking for structures, tables, fields in these programs which we could use for this purpose, or possibly just adding a check to skip the working times under certain circumstances.

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

More on this one (below) in case anyone has come across this before and found a reasonable solution to it.

Looks like there is an OSS note on this, but it just describes the fact that it doesn't work. The note = 547961, and looks to be related to #7. I'm not sure how adjusting the transportation duration would help as it suggests. Seems like we would then just be sending more packages overnight rather than ground.

Going to take a look at adding some custom code to set the material availability date (mbdat) to the correct date based on the shipping point cut off time.

Any extra input would be helpful on issues this might cause, how to go about, etc.....

Thinking that we could roll the mbdat back one day if the item was confirmed but was rolled forward one day due to the time zone issue.

Looking at mverf, mverf_pos, xvbep. Others?

One possible issue I can think of is that initial delivery scheduling for the requested date has already been completed before the ATP check. But not sure if there's a userexit, routine, badi, etc... available specific to the delivery scheduling peice?

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

More on this one....

Difficult one because the cut off times update the requested material availability date, and looks like we don't have the opportunity to update the date as the user exits are called after the date is updated.

Looks like SAP takes the time zone of the log on user rather than the time zone of the shipping point.

Example:

So if a call center taking the order is overseas, and the shipping point is in North America the requested material availability date is always going to be rolled forward one day if the shipping point working hours are based on standard business hours.

Thoughts?