cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2B Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is a B2B Adapter? We are planning to use ARIBA Adapter?

What role this ARIBA adapter will play?(I am confused because as a File adapter you can connect to the legacy system, with a JDBC Adapter you can connect to a DB, As an IDOC adapter you can connect to an R/3 system, like wise an Ariba adapter will be used to connect ???????)

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

B2B Adapters are third party adapters. It is developed based on the industry standards. Like iWay,SeeBurger etc

For more on B2B Adapters-see SAP Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/netweaver -> SAP NetWeaver in Detail -> Process Integration -> SAP Exchange Infrastructure ->SAP XI in Detail ->Connectivity.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just my 2 cents.

Technical adapter are protocol specific (like JMS, JDBC, HTTP)

Business Adapter (B2B) are business specific. They work mostly with business objects then messages. Business adapter can use standard protocol. For example Rosettanet uses HTTP/HTTPS.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>What is a B2B Adapter?

those kind of adapter usually allow you to connect

with different applications natively

(so you send a message from XI and it's translated

to the destinations applications message (it can use

non XI supported protocol (SFTP etc) ) for exmaple

if you want to use ARIBA

then probably the application will be

Ariba Value Chain Management

http://www.iwaysoftware.com/products/adapters/ariba.html

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mical.

When you say the B2B adapter allow to connect with Different applications natively, so that means once B2B adapter is installed then no more configuration is required.

For example if the Vendor says they want to receive the PO in a File system , What should I do on the B2B Adapter?

Or if the Vendor says they want to receive the PO in a Database, what should I do on the B2B Adapter.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>When you say the B2B adapter allow to connect with Different applications natively, so that means once B2B adapter is installed then no more configuration is required.</i>

>>>You need to configure these adapters like file adapter etc.

For e.g if your thirdparty system undertsands only EDI data formats, the file adapter is not able to convert this format into XI understandable xml format. SO automatically some adapters are required which will convert EDI into XI XML format. So these are very specific to business. So there is no inbox adapters for this in XI. SO we will go for thirdparty adapters like SeeBurger, ARIBA etc from different vendors.

<i>For example if the Vendor says they want to receive the PO in a File system , What should I do on the B2B Adapter?</i>

>>Here you can go for File Adapter. Here B2B adapter is not required.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos