cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more than one business partner in SNC for a user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When creating relationship for an SNC planner in BP transaction i am able to assign more than one business partners, However when i log into webui i get an error saying BP is not unique and first one is taken. We have a requirement for users to plan for more than one vendors, how can i achieve this if only one BP is allowed on webui?

J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juraj,

Let me see if I understand your situation. Customer A has multiple vendors - B and C. A planned X belongs to Customer A organization and needs to "plan" for both the vendors. Is this correct? If not, can you explain your situation in more detail.

But if it is correct: You would need 3 BPs - 1 each for A, B and C. You would assign BP A to the location(APO) for Customer A and assign BP B and C to the vendor locations(APO) B and C. Then assign planner X only to BP A. But because of the transportation lane settings, Planner X would have access to B and C. But users of B cannot see data for C because there will not transportation lane between B and C.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Long time no speak

In regards to your proposal, I cannot assign a VMI planner to customer location, this wouldnt be possible, as we plan for multiple customers, i need to somehow assign one planner to two venders, so that this one planner can plan for multiple customers, which these two vendors serve.

I think this is not feasible in current snc, and i need to work it out in a different way, which is not nice, but it's fine.

Thanks for everyone's input on this.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Juraj .. yeah man, I will send an email later on ..

But your issue seems to be interesting. Just to understand better, you are trying to implement VMI (RR) scenario and you want to have more than 1 organization (BP) for the Supplier side -- meaning you want to group multiple plants into their multiple BPs. I don't understand the reason behind this; why would have you more than 1 BP for the same vendor organization ?? Unless we are talking about a marketplace kind of a setup -- where SNC is being setup for multiple vendors serving multiple customers? Is that the case?

Anyway, I don't know of any standard SNC procedure to achieve your objective. Once option that comes to mind is control access by user -- so, you will have still have only 1 BP for all the Ship-from locations but in the user authorization (C_APO_LOC and/or C_APO_PROD) you control what locations this user can actually view. One other alternative is to investigate the SELECTION MODE/OBJECTS -- but I haven't played with it to understand it. Maybe it might address your need.. Let me know how you end up resolving this...

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

Your assessment is correct, it's the VMI scenario. The reason for this is very simple, the company has acquired couple of smaller companies and needs to plan them in SNC by the same planner, however due to some legal restrictions these entities need to be kept separate.

We spoke to people from SAP on this, and there is currently no standard way to achieve it, everything is a workaround. But there are many workarounds to achieve this.

Closing this topic, since i know this is not possible in current SNC.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J,

In case the user wants to plan for more than one vendor, this user must be a customer user.

You can assign this user to your company's BP code which will have access to all vendors data.

Regards,

Amjad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to know the "how".

There is no customer, it's just business type organization. And different shipfrom locations are for different vendors, but the planner is just one for all these vendors.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juraj,

You need to create Business Partner as a Ogranization for plant(customer) and then assign this business partner organization to location plant.(Tcode:/N/SAPAPO/LOC3 general tab field name BP number)

Now create business partner as a person(Internet user) for the planner and create relationship as Is SNC User with business partner organization.

example:

Plant:1000

Create BP Org(Customer):BPORG and assign to plant 1000.

Create BP person(Internet user):BPCUST and create relationship as Is SNC User with business partner organization BPORG.

Now login as a customer.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

This setup you mentioned is obvious to me, but my question is different, imagine for your situation that you have two BPs of type organizations, each for a different plant. and now you have just one BP type of person, and this one person does planning for both. So how do you achieve this?

As i mentioned you cannot assign to relationships, as the system would give you a warning that the value is not unique and only first is taken.

So i wanted to explore some other options, perhaps BP of type group? but i am not familiar if BP groups are possible within SNC.

J.

Edited by: Juraj Smolej on Apr 18, 2011 4:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juraj,

As far as i know it is not possible have assignment of 1 business partner person to the multiple BP organization at a same time.

I am not sure but you can remove assignment of organization to the bp as a person which user is not assigned to any organization.

Now proper with proper authorization user can see atleast overview but detail(data).

Just try out not sure.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

not sure what you meant by "I am not sure but you can remove assignment of organization to the bp as a person which user is not assigned to any organization."

did you mean to delete assignment and not assign any business partner to a person? because this cannot work, when you open the webui it will give you an error right away saying no BP assigned.

i also suspect that this is not possible, but i at least wanted to ask, as i haven't ever worked with those hierarchies (groups of BPs).

thanks guys.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juraj,

Only way BP person can see other location data without any organization assignment.

With proper roles authorization he can see the data overview but data in details.

Like you can see all alert of location,overview of purchase order but you can't see the detail data.

But it is not possible to work as a end user.

I have never use this type of users but it is only possible way of solution becuase of SNC design as far i know.

Regards,

Nikhil