cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need ecc and pi integration steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed ECC6 and Pi in two different systems.Now i want to integrate ECC and PI.But i don't have much knowledge on integration between these two.Could someone please provide me steps for integration between ECC6 and PI.Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you mentioned you are looking for ECC to PI integration.. let me provide you few basic things..

SAP PI is a middleware and used for SAP to SAP ot SAP non-SAP integration..as you said you have installed ECC and PI.. that means you got ECC system as Sender or Receiver system and PI as middleware integration tool.

let me provide few more basic details..

through PI we can connect to Database by using JDBC adapter

we can connect to FTP by using File adapter

or to some other SAP system by using RFC and IDOC adapter

or some JMS queue by using JMS adapter.. and so on.. so as beginner I will suggest you to start with basic scenario which is File to IDOC ot File to RFC or IDOC to File or RFC to File..

As you now have ECC you can have IDOC and RFC adapter and the only thing you need is installed FTP and start with basic scenarios as mentioned above..

now for steps by step procedures and all you can search SDN and there are many weblogs, articles step by step guides available.. so use it..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

Follow the below pasted document. And also search for File to IDoc or IDoc to File scenarios in SDN. These scenarios will describe the required steps for enabling the communication between SAP ECC and SAP PI.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/e07dcaa0-a92b-2a10-3a96-b3d942bd1539

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

As ECC6 and PI are different systems and connection is need between the 2 systems for which purpose,if it is for data migration then be specific by what means the data is migrated to PI is to RFC of IDOC's depending that corresponding settings need to be maintained at both the systems.

Thanks

Sampath