cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a pdf-template for generating an interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have got the following problem. I have got an pdf-Document, that can be printed out and filled out manually.

Instead of I just want to use this pdf-Document as an template for an online form, by adding some fields.

How can I use this pdf-Document as an template?

Thank you for your answers. Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you open adobe designer in NWDS you can import a pdf document. Which you can then use

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your answer.

but my next problem is, that i am not able to change the "templateSource"-property of the interactive form ui-element...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use InteractiveFormUI to display your pdf document (pdfMode = "usePdf") without using a template.

Regards

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, but answer doesn't help me a lot.

It's the same thing, as if you say, that "you can drive with a car", but you don't have an idea how to start the engine.

I have got an pdf-file and in my webdynpro-application I will get some data through a webservice and an rfc. this data should be inserted in some fields in this pdf-file. at the end this pdf-file should be displayed and printed out by the enduser.

best regards, patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Let me see if I understand your query properly first. Your requirement is that you have a PDF file which is pretty much fixed.

Now you want to use the Template present in the PDF file to be shown to the user, but this should be pre-filled with data that you receive from a Web Service & RFC.

Now firstly I will mention the easy way, which would require you extract the PDF Template statically, I am not sure if the API has now been released to do that programatically.

Now, lets say you store it is some location the template file, you would also need to tweak the DataBinding properties in the Template to match to that of the Context Node you will use in the application.

Now in the ModifyView method you should get a reference to the Interactive form element, use the setTemplateSource method to refer to your template.

Now based on the response from your RFC/WebService create the appropriate attributes into the node, and your form should work fine.

Regards,

Pavan