cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales - Dummy Plant for Non-Valuated Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a requirement for SD implementation where the business involves non-valuated material.

The sales scenario does not required data on stock to be captured in the system.

There are 5 sites to where the same material is supplied from.

Hence, the sales documents to be configured are sales order and order-related billing.

However, the following requirements are also included in the sales scenario:

1. Generate a sales report, with sales order data extracted by sites where the material is supplied from.

2. Product price for the same material differs, because it depends on the site that the material is supplied from.

I have thought of using a dummy plant to cater for this scenario.

Seeking your advice whether this is a good practise for this case.

Batch management has also been suggested to me.

However, per my reading, batch management is closely related to goods issue (which is not in scope).

I would appreciate your advice on this matter.

TQ,

HJMY

Edited by: HJMY on Apr 13, 2011 6:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

To involve Non valuated material in SAP, instead of creating Dummy plant, create a Non valuated material type NV0102003. Through material master it can be easily achieved by creating a material type without Accounting tab.

So in SAP system the stock will be shown but without any financial impact, and stock also can be monitored thro system.

In MM01 every thing is common between the finished goods and Non valuated goods.

Automatic batch management will be determined in Delivery order creation.

Since you created the material you can maintain the rate with the plant combination.

and sales report can be generated with the delivery plant combination

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear O D Manikandan ,

Tq for your reply. Greatly appreciate it.

HJMY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear O D Manikandan ,

TQ for your reply. Greatly appreciate it.

HJMY