cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect SAP BI (JAVA Only) components via Maintenance Optimizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´ve installed a SAP BI (JAVA only) and I want to update the system.

The BI (JAVA only) is in the system landscape of the solution manager but when I start the maintenance optimizer the automatic component collector does´nt collect the data.

The post installations of the BI system is not done because the instguide says that I should first update the system and then do the post installation steps, sld and so on.

What can I do that the mopz collect the data automatically for the bi system?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

By default, Solution Manager tries collect the information of the own SLD, did you point to the SLD of this other system ?

Check this note below that shows how to perform this configuration.

1148028 Setup SLD in the scope of Solution Manager 7.0

Checp page 65 - 67 of the following guide to have some clarifications about how to assign java systems/SLD.

http://service.sap.com/instguides => SAP NetWeaver => SAP NetWeaver 7.0 => Upgrade => Upgrade Documentation - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 incl. EHP 2 => Select for example Windows + MSSSQLSERVER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I know this guides, but the question is, should i need to configure the sld, first and then the collecting of the mopz will be ok?

the sld is on the solution manager system and the bi is initial ( nothing is configured )

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

1) Should i need to configure the sld, first and then the collecting of the mopz will be ok?

Correct

2) the sld is on the solution manager system and the bi is initial ( nothing is configured )

Point to the SLD that you want collect the information, SAP strongly recommend the use of the local SLD of Solution Manager instead of other SLD. I think the best solution in your case is configure a data supplier in the central sld to replicate the informations to the sld of solution manager.