cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD edi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to know how to configure SD to use EDI.

First, am i right to say SD EDI is using the same generic edi functionality using idoc objects and segments just that the objects used are for SD? For example, we use the same transaction WEnn tcodes?

Why i ask is there is a SPRO>SD> EDI menu. So this is the same as the basis EDI? Are there SD-specific configurations not found in basis functionality?

How are segments filled? by program? if so , how does the program gets triggered ? Must programs be written ?

Is EDI used in SD only as Output? Automatic Incoming orders processing?

I am new to SD functional and hope you can give me some clues. I understand there are several related mini questions above and so am expecting only overview / brief explanations.

Have a great day

regards

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are plenty of resources available on the web on this topic. For example check think link http://www.erpgenie.com/sapedi/index.htm

Also check OSS Note 47071 - EDI/IDoc: How is an EDI project carried out? and Note 104606 - EDI/IDoc: Mapping IDoc types to ANSI X12

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva,

Am I right to say the EDI functionality is still the same as using the Basis WEnn transactions even though from SPRO for SD there is a menu to jump to the same tcode / screens to configure the EDI?

regards

Pascal

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is correct, note 47071 explains the same.

Regards,

Answers (0)