cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Web Dynpro need DirectX if the client is MsIE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

first a small preface:

We have build a Web Dynpro App which is used in our whole company (where every PC has the same software on it) and also in our wide-spread agencies, where the installed software is differend. We have instructed our employees to use Internet Explorer to call our application.

Now some of our agents reported that they where not able to use our application - they have seen the first page (with some input fields) but if they've started a request to the server they didn't get an answer (we figured that out by using <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/de/f4/651741f163f023e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">sap-wd-clienttrace</a> ).

And than a clever one of our agents made it work by activating DirectX. He uses Internet Explorer 6 on WinXP.

Now my questions:

- Did anybody else make the same experience?

- Are there other 'hidden' requirements on the client?

With kind regards,

Bernd Stapel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most UI elements do not require Active-X enabling, only Javascript. Are you using Office Integration elements or Adobe forms?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Armin,

we use UI elements from the following groups:

- Simple Standard

- Complex Standard

- Container Standard

and no office integration.

We use Adobe forms, but the Adobe Interactive Form is on a view which must be called explicitly, not yet with that request which I described above.

Is it the Interactive Form which needs DirectX?

At the moment, I just want to make sure that there are no other requirements for our application besides MsIE + enabled JavaScript + Abobe Reader Browser Plugin, which are fulfilled by our standardised company PCs but maybe not fulfilled by our not-standardised agents' machines.

By the way, we use SP17 of NW2004.

Bye, Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can your colleague reproduce this? I cannot imagine that any UI element from the Standard library needs ActiveX enabled.

If you can reproduce the problem, open an OSS message on BC-WD-CLT-HTML.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to you, Armin.

We will open an OSS message when we definetly know what the problem is. Because only a few of our users (approximated less than one percent) have reported this problem to us, we think it's not that urgent.

Bye, Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

we've got it! Because we can't change IE's settings at our standard company PCs it was a bit tricky.

But after we've phoned our agent again, we now know that it has

nothing to do with DirectX nor ActiveX

. It was a security setting in Internet Explorer.

In german version of IE you can find it here:
Menü Extras->Internetoptionen->Sicherheit->Internet->Sicherheitstufe anpassen->unverschlüsselte Formulardaten übermitteln,
maybe in english version the path is
Extras->Internet Options->Security->Internet->Custom Level->Submit non-encrypted formdata.

This option must be activated. It was deactivated on our agent's machine because of security reasons.

Is this requirement described anywhere?

Our admins tell me 'You as developer of this application have to know which requirements must be fulfilled at the client-side!' and he's right. Until now, I thought I would know them all...

But our problem is fixed now, so...

Bye, Bernd

Answers (0)