cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2008 installed on a Terminal Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed Crystal Reports 2008 on a terminal server about 2 months ago so the staff accountant can use it at any branch. She decided to logon today and finally use it and not there only the "License Manager" & "Registration Wizard". I logon to my account from which I installed it and it was missing as well. I used it on several terminal server accounts to test it after installation and it worked. I can't seem to figure out what happened to the execute files. Please help.

Edited by: bbellamy on Apr 13, 2011 5:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You may find the following useful in the case where the files are still missing perhaps carry out a re-installation from original source.

If you created reports using Visual Studio 2008 and Crystal Reports 2008 Basic (the one included with VS) and you want to deploy your app on a server, you'll also need to deploy the CR runtime. Your first reaction might be to go to the Business Objects Website and download the CR 2008 runtime.

http://support.businessobjects.com/downloads/runtime.asp#08

Well, that's the wrong runtime. That one is for the "full" version of CR 2008 (version 12). The CR included with VS 2008 is the basic one (version 10.5).

So where do I get the basic (10.5) runtime? It's right on your machine:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\CrystalReports10_5

Regards.