cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception handling in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using BPM to collect 2 message from diffrent interfaces & then map them to a single target message (2:1 mapping).

I have used fork with 2 branches , each branch contains a reciver step .end condition is set as counter =2 (i.e when both the messages are collected)

Issue -

when one message from one of the interface does not reach to the process due to the some mandatory values missing in data.

the process continues waiting for that message. which is not correct .

we need that if one of the message doesn.t arrive within say 5 mins, throw exception or abort the process.

How can we achieve the same, how can we use deadline & exception branches.

Your help would be highly appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the "Wait" step with the 5 minutes to receive both messages. When you receive one message and it is failed, you can send an event to the Wait step (please check the note below) to interrupt the wait process. Then, you can create the condition to check if the values are correct and send to the correct workflow step.

Wait Step

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8d/25f07b454311d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Yes we can go with the wait step ,but what if the message is not reached even after 5 min, to keep a track of which message has arrived either of 2, it is better to throw an alert to make it a good design.

Thanks

Sampath

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Embed your steps inside a Block step and define a control step (to raise the alert) in the deadline branch.

Best Regards,

Ravi