Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapsprint on vmware image: unable to print

rob_smeets2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the following requirement:

install a vmware image with sapconsole and sapsprint; SAP must be able to print to some printers 'served' by the vmware image. (to make use of a barcode.ini - legacy stuff)

Because sapconsole works properly, I assume that NAT is properly set up (I forward ports 23 and 515 from the host to the guest machine).

However, even though sapsprint is setup and running, I don't manage to create a printer in SPAD which can access the test printer I have setup on the vmware image (shared, and recognized by sapsprint as the logs prove).

I have opened the firewall ports 515 and 23 on the guest OS.

If I want to print using protocol S in SPAD, what do I need to enter in the fields 'Host printer' and 'destination host' in tab 'access method'?

I tried many things, but I think it should be <printername> for 'host printer' and <hostname or ip address> for destination host, and that the name of the vmware image shouldn't matter since we're forwarding port 515 from guest to host.

However, even

\\<ipadress of host>\<printername> and \\<ipaddress of host> 

doesn't work...

Please assist me in troubleshooting this...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you access any Windows resources on a remote server you need to enable the Windows protocols (SMB) on port 135/138/139/445 to access the resources.

Markus

rob_smeets2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, I'll let you know how I get on (won't be today, probably) and update points if this solved the problem.