cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Usage "GLOBAL"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I have heard rumours, that there is a way to communicate between different WDA Application (in Portal) via a global Component.

The Trick should be, to name to usage of the component just "GLOBAL", and then the Portal will use the same instance through all Components which uses this Component with the name "GLOBAL". Even in different WDA Applications.

Unfortunately this doesn't work here. Now we are unsure about it. Do we something wrong? Or is this rumour just a hoax?

Can somebody help us?

Best Regards and thanks ins Advance,

Bastian Stritt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I've never heard of such a thing, nor does it seem technically possible. The portal can't enforce instaniation of a component usage. Also separate WDA components might run on different application servers and would have no way to share a component instance. Never mind that fact that separte WDA iViews even running on the same application server have different user sessions and therfore can't share object instances.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

thank you for your answer. I thought something like this...

But then, how can I communicate between different WDA Applications through different App Servers? Only via Shared Memory or Session Cookies?

I gave you Points for solving my problem.

Cheers,

Bastian Stritt

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well you can also use Portal Eventing if you are running in the Portal. Portal Eventing allows the passing of a small amount of data as an event parameter.

Even with shared memory you have to be careful in the multiple app server environement. The shared memory objects are per application server. You can do cross application server propigation via RFC, but this has to be built in manually.

Answers (0)