cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Idoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a simple scenario with a problem.

FTP Contains multiple files. My polling interval is 60secs.

PI 7.1 Picks all the files and creates idocs - THIS IS FINE.

in sap side..the inbound function module should pick each idoc and post independently.

Now it picks all the files and sometimes the inbound function module picks two idocs and starts the posting....

i dont want this to to happen..the Inbound FM should pick only one idoc and process it and then, the next idoc should be posted .

basically, the question is..i want PI to pick one file at a time and create idoc and then after 2 or 3 minutes, the next file should be picked....

Please let me know if you have any solution for this problem....

Thanks,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the best solution for this problem is to handel it in SAP R/3 instead of looking in PI.

Take help of your ABAP team go to WE20 and there you choose Posting of idoc from "Trigger Immediately" to "Trigger by background program". Then schedule the job to run the program periodically... This will solve the problem..

You can also refer to this thread for same kind of issue and solution.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you designed to pick multiple files at a time? If not, configure your sender file adapter to poll every 2 or 3 mins. See that helps. As Sarvesh mentioned, You can handle in abap side too in WE20. Posting idoc in background rather doing trigger idoc immediately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for you solution.

Background job would be useful. But we dont want a delay in getting the postings ( may be after 30 mts or 1 hr ). we are trying for a synchronous way of posting ( i knw i am not doing synchronous, but still atleast with some accountable delay )

so i am trying for a BPM which would get the files and send one by one to the receiver .

can you please let me know the critical BPM steps involved ??

Thanks,

Ashok

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BPM Steps:

Receive ->wait step->Trasnformation--->send step,

but other alternative would be in mapping use simple UDF where you can specify the wait time.

Regards,

Raj