Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended receiver determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Synchronous Scenario:-

source system request customer information - PI ihas to do JDBC lookup and find out customer information is residing in which system and give back the response back to source system.

We have two receiver system and it is synchronous call - DB table has 40 millions customer information and lookup will return either it resides in Rx 1 or Rx2.

Approach:-

1. As this is synch scenario hence Extended receiver determination will not work as SAP Rex Determination structure is async.

2. BPM is out of question as we have to lookup 40 million customers with JDBC lookup.

Any other approach or suggestion?

chirag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag

We have done this kind of scenario without BPM and its working fine..

If I am not wrong then..your scenario is as following.

you will get request in PI say from system A.. then you need to get the receiver system by using JDBC lookup and then hit to that system depending on Result of JDBClookup.. as you mentioned you have two receiver systems..Rx1 and Rx2 then if you get RX2 as result of JDBClookup then interface will get divert to system Rx2 system and will get response back from Rx2 in PI and PI will send this back to system A..

then this is quite possible without BPM...

you just need to create one mapping for receiver determination by using Receivers data type structure and use this mapping in extended receiver determination .. in which you will get receiver system details in field u201Cservice " through JDBC lookup

then have your normal sync scenario without BPM.. and it will work..

and I donu2019t think there will be any problem of huge data in database.. as you will searching on primary key field and there will be only one record.. and as you just need to look for one record for getting receiver system details I donu2019t think there is any complex query involved and complex mapping required for receiver determination using JDBC lookup..

it will work fine. and what is your sender system.. if at all it is SAP then go for proxy so that you can increase the timeout span.. and it will help in your scenario if at all you get response lil late..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh,

My source is synch and std SAP struc is aysnc in this case how u have done the design.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

you said source is Sync (Is it SOAP or something else?)and std SAP is Async.. so do you mean you have sync sender and on receiver side you have std SAP Async..(May be Async RFC.what you have on sender?Async RFC or AsyncProxy).. and in-between you have JDBClookup to fetch Receiver system..?

then yes I have done this by using requestresponse bean and onewayresponsebean module without BPM..with Async RFC you can develop this scenario as explain by me earlier..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

the solution is sooo simple. You can have it in 10 seconds. I described each step explizitly. I dont know what you are still waiting for.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi udo-

I was trying the suggested solutions by all of u.. and as u correctly mentioned solution did worked....

Bhaupesh- i will try your solution too....

Thanks all of u for quick turn around....

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Apr 14, 2011 3:16 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

you can create synchr extended rec determination, if you delete the SWC from target operation in the operation mapping.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

didnt got u Udo-

For others I will visit the links and reply to u

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chirag,

There is a blog by Jin Shin, Extended Receiver determination for Sync Interfaces (/people/jin.shin/blog/2007/12/11/sap-netweaver-process-integration-enhanced-receiver-determination-for-synchronous-scenarios). Please see if it helps.

Thanks

Aamir

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

just go to the operation mapping of your extended (synchronous) receiver determination. Type in the target operation manually - do not use the help.

Name: ReceiverDetermination

Namespace: http://sap.com/xi/XI/System

Software Component: empty

The compiler doesnt check any longer the target operation for aynchronous/synchronous. You can use it for a Receiver Determination.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

let me try all the recommendation and will get back to u...

chirag

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Udo,

You're a genius!

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can't you create a sync-async bridge, so you can use Recx Determination as usual?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That option i had in my mind but i wanted to avoid BPM so looking at another solution.

chir

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to create without bpm. Check Wiki and thread below:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Sync-AsyncwithoutccBPM

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you dont want BPM then you can try using requestresponse bean and onewayresponsebean module as suggested by Lucas.

Brief idea:

It is easy to configure. In your sender system adapter you have to configure the modules as instructed by wiki link. You need one sender comm channel and two receiver channels. Rest are all same. You dont need any receiver agreement for the second receiver.

One sender cc , two receiver cc, I receiver determinatiom, 1 interface determination.

Hope that helps.