cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving the relation between table structured returned by an RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am building an application that uses SAP JCO to query an RFC and return the result in relational format where all RFC fields map to columns of a virtual table.

The problem comes when the RFC returns more than one table structures. For example, ORDER_HEADER_DETAILS and LINE_ITEM_DETAILS.

Now, my program does not have any idea about how to join rows of order header and line items. Is there any way by which I can find out such relations between the table structures that are returned for an RFC execution?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I imagine this will depend upon the specific RFC you are calling and what underlying business object the data is from. For instance, if you are getting data for multiple Sales Orders then you could link your item entries to header entries using Sales Order Number; if you are getting PO data then it will be PO Number; HR data could be employee number; CRM data probably some sort of GUID.

If you are trying to do it automatically, I think you will struggle a bit without understanding the functional/business rules around the actual data.

Gareth.

Edited by: Gareth Ryan @ Atos Origin UK on Apr 18, 2011 8:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks