cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of forecast porile to selection id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A profile assigned to a selection ID does not u2018sticku2019 ... the selection ID loses the fcst profile once it is called back up again

Basically when I assign a forecast profile in interactive planning - it is not being saved...

Regards

Anitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anitaa,

Ehsan is correct - Forecast Profile can be assigned to Selection IDs.

Please try below options -

Select and Load the required Selection ID in the Planning Book.

Goto Setting - Forecast Profiles - Select the required Profiles.

At the bottom from Assignments section, Please make sure "Save assignment of selection for forecast profile"

or You can use Tcode - /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2 - Assign Forecast Profiles to a Selection.

Then make sure within Activity, "Always use job profile" option is not selected.

Hope this should help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Forecast profiles do get assigned to Selection Ids. However, these Selection Ids should be Planning Area Selection Ids i.e. should not have navigational attributes but only characteristics as selection criteria.

You can set the parameter /SAPAPO/FCST_GUIDS = X in tcode SU3. This will assign the generated selection profile to the selection id in interactive planning.

Thanks

Ehsan Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eshan & Satish

Thanks for giving replay..

Eshan: I have tried pick the parameter (SAPAPO/FCST_GUIDS) in the parameter tab page of "Maintain user profile" (tcode su3) but I haven't find any sort of parameter over there..

more over i tried to paste the SAPAPO/FCST_GUIDS parameter and executed but its showing "Parameter GUID does not exist"

do you have any idea Eshan how to get the parameter?

Satish: i have tried every thing as you mentioned above.. but he forecast profile is not sticking to the selection ID.

Thanks

Anitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anithaa,

You missed / in /SAPAPO/FCST_GUIDS.

Pls enter /SAPAPO/FCST_GUIDS and not SAPAPO/FCST_GUIDS

Pls try and let me know.

Thanks

Ehsan Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ehsan

Nice guess...

First i did like this SAPAPO/FCST_GUIDS and later I have assigned /SAPAPO/FCST_GUIDS and executed... i have seen parameter with description 'GUIDs are Used for the Names of the Forecast Profiles' I have saved this.

and i loaded the data with selection ID and assigned a fcst profile to it and execute the forecast

and saved the forecast profile in the profile tab page....

and came out from the planning book and reenter the same selection id and hit the forecast icon, is asking for profile selection. but i haven't see the profile i had saved earlier..

I assume that by default the last save profile should popup...when i hit fcst button.. in sdp94

Thanks

Anitha..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With sapapo/msdp_fcst2, you can assign forecast profiles to selection. Let me know if the problem is not solved with this T-Code

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anitha,

Have you ever heard anybody assigning Forecast Profile to a Selection Id, before. Selection Ids can be created in sdp94 and then you can save them. Forecast Profiles are created seperately. For executing the Forecast profiles you need to create Jobs using transaction /SAPAPO/MC8D. Here you can select the Selection Id for which you want to execute the forecast profile.

What you are asking is the opposite of this. As per me it would notwork.

Thanks,

Harsh