cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Desktop Office Integration - Want to place an image in word

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts!

I´m faced with an issue using the desktop office integration. I´ve a program which generates a word document and fills out some tables with information from the SAP system. Now I have to place an image as well. The image depends on the users input parameters. So it is not possible to place the image in the template.

After a short research I found the possibility to do it via using the link server. Or do you think there is a better alternative???

My problem is that I don´t know how to use and implement it. I did it with the guide BCCIOFFI, but it doesnt work fine.

Actually, I didnt understand the exact benefit of the link server possibility.

I have a defined place in the word document and the requirement is to place the image there. The image comes from the SAP system.

I hope that you can help me to solve the problem.

Best Regards,

Marcus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did it and it works fine!

But I had to use the BDS Business Document Service with Class cl_bds_document_set.

So I used the method "get_with_url" to get the url from the document/picture.

After that I cann add a binary item with the URL and it works fine if my pictures are stored in BDS.

But that is not what I want to do. I want to store the pictures in my mime repository for example. Are there any other possibilities to do that? Or is Desktop Office Integrations supporting just documents/pictures which are stored in BDS???

Regards, Marcus

Edited...........................................................

In best case I am able to user internet urls for the pictures. So "http://www.xcxy.de/picture.jpeg", but with this URL information it doesn´t work!

So, my question is if I have to add a prefix or something like this in order to use weblinks.

Edited by: Marcus Findeisen on Apr 19, 2011 9:16 AM