cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured the FTP in my local desktop and I am trying to pull a file from there. I have given all the permissions to that folder and also installed the IIS component of windows.

The communication channel throws the below error Please help.

An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server '20.198.94.177:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 c:\inetpub\ftproot: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

The ftp server address is the ip address of the desktop... Firstly, is this possible ?? if yes, please help me with the error.

Edited by: YashwanthSVK on Apr 13, 2011 5:06 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Yashwanth,

Please cross check the folder path in your communication channel and give the correct path so that your issue will be solved.

Cheers!!!!

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.. The error is solved now. There are two modifications that I did :

1) mention only the directory in the FTP properties in the IIS settings.

2) do not mention the directory in the Communication channel... i.e. i gave only the folder name... and the file got picked.

Thank you

Yash

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same error, infact even the same path. Can you tell me what exactly did you give in the source directory. was it

"//ftproot"

and what is the other change you made.

Rgds,

Mithun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yashwanth,

the only thing you need to check that you have configured your File sender communication rightly and provided parameters

like File name , Directory in right format..

also make sure that the file which you are try to pull is with the same name by looking at the error it looks like there is problem in communication channel and you have not provided details in right format.. check values for each parameter you provided against actual FTP details..

the problem is in communication channel .. provide right values and right details in right format...its simple scenario check for SDN with File scenario and File sender adapter configuration you will get many links..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yash

Can you please give me the details of your Sender File Adapter Configuration in ID. Also let me know what FTP server you are using for this scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks that for directory you've used c:\inetpub\ftproot please remove it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, this scenario is very much possible.

The directory name is not correct; check the directory name you have configured in Communication channel.

Remove the path of the root directory from the directory name you have configured.

-Supriya.

Edited by: Supriya Sawant on Apr 13, 2011 2:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

thank you for the reply. Do you mean that I should create another folder and then make it the root directory while installing FTP..

Please clarify..

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur target directory should be something like this:

/ftproot

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You get FTP 550 error.

550 Requested action not taken. File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access).

Try with different path and place file over there and see what you get. Looks like FTP server not able to access this directory due to permission not given or the path given is wrong or syntax error or file is not placed. So try different path and see how it behaves.

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see the thread