cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM - MDMGX Generic Extraction Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on MDMGX (Generic Extraction)

I am facing few issues with MDMGX.

1). Upload Ports and Check-Tables: --> For this i have selected Object types and selected mdmgx_catalog.txt configuration file through browse option, now when i click on save button it is asking variant attributes details( i am not able to understand what to do) and if press execute(f8) button, it is throwing some runtime error message. How to overcome this issue? if we already uploaded configuration file and if we try for second time to upload configuration file it will throw such error message?

2) Maintain Ports and Check-Tables: --> I am still not able to understand what is the exact purpose of this option when it will be usefull.

3) Generate XSD :--> when provide all input parameters to this option and when i click on Execute(f8) button, I used to get error message as : " Check customizing entry, invalid table TO05 for port LT_Currencies entered". where exactly went wrong for the cause of such message?

4). Start Extraction: --> when provide all input parameters and i have check Upload Via FTP option and provide userid & password of FTP connection and when i press execute(f8), I used to get error message as :"Attempt to set up connection to 10.27.191.78 failed".

You help will be rewarded in points

Thanks

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.. for your valuable input..

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Below are answers for your questions:

1. Upload Ports and Check-Tables: After selecting the object type as "Catalog" and browsing your mdmgx_catalog.txt file, DO NOT click on save button. Click save button will just save the parameters which you have provided as a variant. Instead press execute button. There could be many possibilities of the run time error: 1) Make sure you have checked the Remove header line option. 2) You may have specified a wrong table 3) Go to transaction ST22 in your system and check for the dump. it will give you details about the dump and how to resolve it.

2. Maintain Ports and Check-Tables: There are two ways to maintain Ports and check table in MDMGX. 1) you use a configuration.txt file using "upload ports and check tables" 2) or manual define ports and check tables. both ways can be used if you have already uploaded ports and check tables information from the config text file and then later on want to further enhance ports definition and want to add new ports.

3) Generate XSD: You SHOULD get this error because you have specified a wrong table in the port and check table definition. You have specified table name for LT_currencies as "TO05". But I think right table name is "T005" ( zero in place of o). You can correct this using maintain ports and check tables option.

4.) Start Extraction:There could be many reasons for this error. Make sure your FTP server is working and firewall is not blocking this access. You can try to access your FTP server using command prompt. If this is working then it should also work from MDMGX.

Let me know if any more queries.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Upload ports and Check-Tables: --> 1) I have uploaded SAP Standard mdmgx_catalog.txt file without any modification.

2) while uploading I have checked "Remove Header Line Option" check box.

3) Using T-Code (ST22) I check the error log which show error message as:

Runtime Errors: SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPEC.

Exception: CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB.

Generate XSD: --> 1) i have changed the table name from TO05 to T005 for LT_Currencies and able to work

2) Could you please explain when i generate XSD what exactly it will do and where it will be useful?

Start Extraction: --> I can able to ping the FTP server through comman prompt and also i can able to connect or open FTP folder through run command. but when i try to extract data to FTP server, it was throwing same error message.

Thanks

Bharat

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

If you are using MDMGX_CATALOG.txt file without any modification and it is dumping, then I would suggest to create an OSS message and check with SAP.

MDMGX creates reference data files in the XML format. using Generate XSD option, you can generate the XML Structure definition file (.xsd file) for reference data extraction. You can upload this .xsd file in your MDM using MDM Console. Now when you execute MDMGX with start extraction option and ftp server, MDM will validate those files against the .XSD file uploaded in console and then will import data.

on FTP server issue, looks like your configuration "Define repositories and FTP servers" is not correct. Double check the FTP server parameter maintained against your repository.

Thanks,

Shiv