cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WMS Transfer posting from Q to unrestricted issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Im having some issue in when I change from Quality inspection to Unrestricted stock.

When I GR using MVT 101, the stock will go into Interm Area 902 with Q status in the warehouse

I then use MVT 321 to post the certain material from Q to unrestricted.

When I use LS26 to check, the stock status of the material has changed from Q to unrestricted.

However when I create a TO, the status in the TO is still "Q". ( it should be unrestricted so when i do confirm the TO , it will be placed into the propose bin as unrestricted stock not Quality Inspection )

I check the TR that was created for that material and the stock status is still "Q".

Is there some setting im missing from my configuration , as the system should automatically change the TR from stock status "Q" to unrestricted after the transfer posting from MVT 321?

Thanks in advance !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think the reason for this is that because the TR is created when you do the GR and you have not created the TO from that TR it does not know that the stus of the stock has changed from when it was created and if you think about it why would it?

It is unusual to carry out the 321 prior to the stock being put away as if you want to remove the 'Q' as soon as the stock arives the questtion could be 'Why have it on 'Q' in the first place.

I see two options here

Put the stock away from the TR BEFORE you release the stock or

Remove the indicator in the material master in the Purchasing view that receipts the stock on 'Q'

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frenchy

Thanks for the reply.

As explained before. When I do a MIGO from inbound, in the WMS warehouse it should go to a general receipt area ( 902 ) as it should not directly go to bin because its needs to pass IQC before it should be properly transfer from the general receipt area to the bin. In the warehouse via LS26. It's status is Q, and you are correct, when I create the MIGO it automactically creates a TR with the status. After it has pass IQC, ( via inspection lot QA11), a transfer posting is created to for the material ( by batch code ) to change to unrestricted stock. Again in WMS view via LS26. The stock with the batch code is changed to unrestricted.

Now, my question is, after MVT 321 for transfer posting, in WMS is there a linkage where it should automactially change the TR status to unrestricted so when i create a TO via material document of the GR, it should go to unrestricted instead?

Answers (0)