cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation of splits in CMP2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have done workforce planning in CMP2 for a project. Going into CN25, I try to confirm the split and I am successful in doing that. Based on this I schedule the network and things seems to be working fine.

My issue is the confirmed split is not reflected in CMP2. I am still able to change the confirmed hours cell in CMP2 and save. Is this the standard behaviour?

Any help on this is appreciated.

Regards

Pradeesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i know, confirmations done using CN25 won't have any effect in CMP2 except the reduction in total number of hours that can be distributed for a resource. This is a standard behaviour.

Also, could you please let us know where the "Confirmed Hours" cell is in CMP2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

With the confirmed hour cell, I meant the day on which I have confirmed the Hrs using CN25 is ready for input and if I change the hrs, the system accepts it and saves the entry.

Even CATS entry is not reflected in CMP2 and the system behaves in the same manner as in CN25. I suppose CMP2 is only Plan and actuals are not reflected. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Say I have planned correctly taking care of weekends in CMP2. After confirmation, when I schedule the activity the system shifts my plan and now I see that, the hrs are planned even on weekends. I have used option 2 in transaction OPS6. This means I need to check my workforce plan everytime the network is rescheduled.

Any pointers on this.

Pradeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

There will be no effect on CMP2 planning due to CATS posting or confirmation. System will allow you to change the values. It will even allow you to assign more hours than what you had planned in the activity. However note the 2 columns besides the activity viz., Total Work and To be Distributed. If you enter more number of hours than what you have planned in the activity the To Be distributed column will show a negative entry accordingly.

Regarding the weekend issue, pls check the factory calendar that you are using.