cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparisons between HP UX 11i v3 versus IBM AIX 6.1 server platforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Currently we are using SAP SCM 4.1 on HP UX 11i v1 platform. Due to server become aged and leading to performance issues, we want to migrate to new sever.

Now we are at the juncture to decide whether can go for HP UX 11i v3 or IBM AIX 6.1 for migration.

There are several theoretical comparisons between these two platforms interms of technical and cost aspects, however we are really unable to decide as to which would be the best choice.

Can some one please share your real time experiences upon using above mentioned platforms for running SCM 4.1?

Which one is better interms of maintenance,reliability and cost aspects.

Also is there any risk involved in migrating the application from HP platform to IBM platform? (if at all we go for IBM server)

Kindly provide valuable information in this regard.

Thanks,

Krish

Edited by: Tho Krish on Apr 13, 2011 10:37 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Now we are at the juncture to decide whether can go for HP UX 11i v3 or IBM AIX 6.1 for migration.

>

> There are several theoretical comparisons between these two platforms interms of technical and cost aspects, however we are really unable to decide as to which would be the best choice.

The "best choice" can only be done by you.

You have e. g. AIX experience?

> Can some one please share your real time experiences upon using above mentioned platforms for running SCM 4.1?

SCM 4.1 is out of general maintenance, you plan any upgrades?

Are you using Oracle as database? If yes, consider the fact, that Oracle is no more developing on Itanium machines and the last database version on that platform combination is 11g.

You never considered Linux?

Markus