Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dynpro Component Interface question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please help me out on this.

I have a understanding that, whenever we create a WD4A component, a component interface is created.(or is it?)

This will contain interface views and methods and attributes marked as interface.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

IF yes..

What will be the name of such interface?

What is the difference between using the interface controller of another component(as used components) and 'implementing' a component interface.(as we do in case of IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK)

Are both the interfaces in question same here..

Thanks,

Aditya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aditya,

You understanding is correct in the sense that whenever we create a WD4A component, a interface for the component is created. See if your component name is ZZSBN_WDC_TEST1 then the interface name is ZIWCI_ZSBN_WDC_TEST1. You can see this interface under the class library->interfaces.

Component interface is different. Which is equivalent to interface in OO. You can implement this interface to get the same behavior as in the implemented components. IWD_VALUE_HELP,IWD_PERSONALIZATION are some of the examples.

IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK is a interface which is a deviating from naming standard of IWD.

So they are not same. Interface component controller is different than component interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskaran,

So interfaces like IWD_VALUE_HELP and IWD_PERSONALIZATION were created automatically when the respective components were created in the system...?

What basically is the differece between ZIWCI_ZSBN_WDC_TEST1(example given by you) and IWD_VALUE_HELP.

Please clear my cob-webs...Very confused here..

Thanks,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope...

from se80 -> you can create webDynpro component-> in the popup you can choose between webdynpro component or web-dynpro-component interface.

When you choose web-dynpro-component interface then you create some thing like IWD_VALUE_HELP.

Like standard SAp webdynpro components, IWD_VALUE_HELP ,IWD_PERSONALIZATION are standard component interface from SAP.

When you create a component ZSBN_WDC_TEST1, system creates a interface automatically with the name ZIWCI_ZSBN_WDC_TEST1.

Component interface is created by you. Interface component is created by the system(framework).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot..:)

Cheers,

Aditya.

Answers (0)