cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badi for RFx document changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are running RFx document in SRM portal.For the RFx response we are creating a contract document.

so my requirement is to replictate the contarct validity period in my RFx Header details.

In which badi should i write my logic

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use also BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI

EDIT: Jay; I can't find the badi BBP_SAVE_CHANGE_BADI in my system... I use SRM 7.0...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the typo in my previous post.

The BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI could be used for that purpose was what I meant.

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI might be an overkill as it is called (multiple times) during document maintenance. But I am assuming the requirement is to copy those validity period values to RFx when Contract is released. Hence the recommendation of SAVE BADI instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks jay for your quick reply,

can we change a published RFx i,e after RFx has been sent for the responses?

In our requirement we are creating a contract for the best response,the contract validity date should be replicated in my RFx.

If the changes are possible please suggest a procedure

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

can we change a published RFx i,e after RFx has been sent for the responses?

Yes, you can change an already published RFx. If you change it via FM such as BBP_PD_BID_UPDATE (followed by BBP_PD_BID_SAVE to persist the data), a new version of the RFx would be created and output would be triggered once the RFx is re-published again, i.e. sent to the bidders. If this is not desired, you would have to update the DB table directly for those dates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

we worked out the procedure what u have suggested us ,

A new version of RFx is created ,we tried to change it further but it is not responding .

So i thought we need to publish it again .is there any procedure to publish RFx.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Call FM BBP_PD_BID_UPDATE with your new data and mark I_SAVE = 'X' should publish the document. Get the return table E_MESSAGES and check if there are messages with type 'E' or 'A'. These messages would block your publish process. Then it would still depend on whether the RFx needs approval for its status to be "published" or "awaiting approval".

Former Member
0 Kudos

you would have to update the DB table directly for those dates.

which data base tables stores the published RFx details?

right now we are unable to change the published RFx by the procedure u recommended .we are facing problems with FM

'BBP_PD_BID_UPDATE'

Kindly help us

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are facing problems with FM 'BBP_PD_BID_UPDATE'

Updating the DB tables directly is usually not recommended. But if you must, take a look at the RFx via transaction BBP_PD and you should be able to see all the tables involved in one document.

What are the problems you have for calling FM 'BBP_PD_BID_UPDATE'? If you have error messages returned from this FM call, you would have to resolve those first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

We are not getting any error messages. As normal Document( not published document ), Published document also running with out error and warning messages. But Published Document is not updating the date. We have used BBP_PD_BID_SAVE function module, But Published RFx document not updating the values. Normal document is updating the value.

BR,

Srini M

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for every suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

still processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

so my requirement is to replictate the contarct validity period in my RFx Header details.

You can implement BBP_SAVE_CHANGE_BADI to copy the Contract document information to the original RFx, when the user is actually saving the contract or better, when the contract is released.