cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM explosion and then partial billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client wants to make a sales order where material BOM explosion is happening like this:

Higher level Item - A - Quantity 1 (with pricing)

Lower level items:

B - Qty-5

C - Qty - 3

He is using item category group LUMF for higher level item so that pricing is there at higher level only.

Now the scenario is this, he has delivered B-1 unit and C-1 unit physically and wants to bill the customer partially i.e. for B-1 and C-1. For rest of the material he wants to bill again.

How can we achieve this?

Regards,

Pavi Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a new quotation type and a new order type for the same and maintained copying control settings from the quotation to the order.

For BOM explosion, item category settings are now maintained for quotation. In the Item category assignment for sales document type-item category group (as higher level item is having item category group as LUMF), I've maintained settings so that the default item category which comes is having billing plan type milestone billing.

Now the client can explode BOM in quotation and then depending upon the delivery, he can create sales order referring the quotation.

Moreover I've also entered billing block in the item category which is getting determined for the higher level item in the order so that the same can be billed when the total task is completed and it can be released by the administrator who checks the document and the actual task done.

Thanks and regards,

Pavi Ranjan