cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface between APO and non SAP MES system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently working in APO PP/DS module and want to transfer the planned orders from APO to non SAP MES system (third party MES system).

Can anyone please let me know what is are the configuration requirements for the task mentioned above.

Your reply will be highly helpfull.

Regards,

Raghava Itharaj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To integrate MES system with SAP you need to have XI/PI or any other middleware.

you can send the information from SAP to middleware by standarad IDOC or custom IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanx for ur reply. Should I use EDI or ALE for the integration to be done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can go for ALE.

Suggest you to follow following steps-:

1. Is master data required for SAP and MES is same or Master data for MES can be created based on SAP master data. If yes then at what frequency master data will be sent? and you need to do field to field mapping to establish relation between SAP master data field and MES master data field. You can use standarad message type like MATMAS for this

2. Are there any additional master data required for MES if yes how will you ensure that master data is in place beore sending planned order information.

3. For sending planned order which you want to send and at what frequency also you do feild to feild mapping to use this data in MES

May I know for which industry you are doing it?

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

The client is an alluminium sheet manufacturer and its MTO with VC.

Can u please check the below link which seems to be the exact situation as mine. Is the idea given in the below link holds good for my case where I need to send Planned orders to non SAP MES system.

Thank u very much for ur reply.

Regards,

Raghava Itharaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Link given explains about BAPI I think which is specific to auto industry and if you are using model mixed planning. I donot think it will work for normal planning.

2. ALE can be used for SAP and Non SAP system interface.

3. We done it for MTO with CDP not VC.

What we done is we devloped a program in ECC which pulls the data from apo (as we were not transfering planned orders to ECC) through RFC function module/BAPI and showed to user in ALV format from there user will select required planned orders and trigger IDOC. WE defined custom IDOC type for creation of planned order IDOC. You can check if can use standarad message type to trigger for planned order.

So we done inteface between ECC to APO.