cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping main and secondary window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day:

I have created a smartform for printing one of our company's invoice, my problem is that they are overlapping though they have a .20 CM space between them.

The main window has the following attributes:

UPPER MARGIN: 7.23 CM

HEIGHT: 9.50 CM

TOTAL: 16.73 CM

The Second widow on the other hand has the following attributes:

UPPER MARGIN: 16.93 CM

HEIGHT: 2.00 CM

TOTAL: 18.93 CM

The main window ends at 16.73 CM position while the secondary window starts at the 16.93 CM position. A .20cm difference but everytime I try to print or preview they overlap each other.

Are my calculations correct? or are there any characteristics that I have not taken into consideration?

Please help how I can fix. Thanks.

Edited by: Martin Willie dela Paz on Apr 13, 2011 8:43 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try below two things.

1. Change the dimension to MM instead of CM

2. Log off and Log On again.

Thanks,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for help.

It seems logical that the .20cm difference was not enough, -given that the printer has a setting of 6 lines per inch which roughly translates to .4 CM. I actually tried .21 CMspace between the windows and it did work.

Now that got me wondering how could I find out the approriate distance between the windows.

Could you explain how you came up with your numbers (should this be on a different thread?)

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you explain how you came up with your numbers

I didn't propose specific numbers. All I am saying is that unless windows should share the edge, they should be separated with some line (i.e. lines as you would have MS Word document with two lines). It is just a matter of look and feel, I bet no one will be chasing you with the ruller saying that this window should be 0.5cm more on the left/right/top/bottom. What really counts in forms are the layout in general and the content. No one will approve it unless its displaying correct figures/info That's my opinion.

Regards

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii,

Increase secondary window upper margin 4 CM.

regards,

Sri

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I always prefer to express window's height in lines, not cms. Though if you prefer cms make the space bigger. Maybe this is printer setting that it doesn't recognize .20cm gap. The smallest available unit for it might be bigger then you are trying to assign. Try giving .50cm.

Regards

Marcin