cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking for Outbound Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to pick the items (transfer order) for the outbound delivery by material number? For Example if an outbound delivery has 4 items (0010, 0020, 0030 and 0040), and item 0020 and 0040 is of same material, is it possible to combine and pick items 0020 and 0040 together. Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnwerth,

As per the standard SAP while creating Transfer Order, the system checks first the delivery line item quantity same characteristics stocks in WM as per the search strategy which is configured and assigned to the respective material... in the same way next delivery line item......soon.

For E.x:- If the delivery line item quantity is 100, for the hole quantity, if you didn't find the stocks in one bin, the TO will create number of line items based on the available quantity in the bins.

But for your question, if you have two are more delivery line items with same material (same characteristics), while creating TO, if you want combine you need to look for an user exit and custom enhancement to combine into one TO line item. Even in this case also the same characteristics stocks should have in one bin otherwise it will split in to two line items.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure what you mean here

Why would item 2 and 4 be the same material unless they have different characteristics i.e batch number etc

If they are in the same bin then you can sort the TO by Bin or material, however if theyb are in the same bin I wuold expect them to be next to each other on the TO anyway and if they are in seperate bins and there are other items on the TO in bins that are in between then you would not want to walk past one bin and come back to it

It sounds like you just need to set up the sort sequence on the TO in the Processing performance data / TO split

I hope that this helps

Frenchy