cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merits of FPM OIF development over Standard WebDynpro Application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

For a change, I don't have a definite problem, but a discussion point! We have a client where we are looking at replacing .NET extranet screen developments with WDA, and the client is very interested in using Floorplan Manager, where relevant.

The GAF Component funtionality of the Floorplan Managers is great, and it's practical benefits are immediately recogniseable. OIF, however is another story, and the crux of the question above? What are the benefits/merits of using FPM OIF instead of standard WDA applications? For a Single Screen/View application, OIF appears to be an overhead that doesn't offer much more than a standard WDA Application? For a multiple screen process (but not one that lends itself to GAF format (i.e. step1 -> step2 -> step3) ) but one where screen sequence will be determined by event selections), it again doesn't appear to add much functionally, and in fact, standard WDA appears easier to use to manage screen sequences? How do we determine when to use FPM or standard WDA Application?

This discussion topic will come to the fore shortly, so I would welcome any thoughts, opinions or experiences that people might have had in regards to this.

Regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This Question moved to the Floorplan Manager Forum.

former_member186750
Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to the Web Dynpro ABAP Forum.