cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUS ASNs how creates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

someone the can explain me the process ASNs. what configurations are necessary.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

Are you working on MM-SUS or SRM-SUS?

ASN is not supported in SRM-SUS. It is a consulting solution by SAP.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenrio is SRM-SUS.

you have the reason that scenario not support the ASN. do you Know way ?

some tips what is necessary develop to make possible that scenario. }}

Thanks

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ASN( advance shipping notification ) is created by supplier when he sends the goods to the buyer. this is used only for materials.

SRM-SUS is used for services and so there is no concept of sending goods here , that is why ASN(advance shipping notification) is not used here.

that is the reason ASN is not used in SRM-SUS , in SRM-SUS only confirmations are send out for service performed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan thanks for you help.

only have a confusion Into srm-sus scenario too is possible management materials direct materials or indirect materials.

so maybe is valuable use ASN.

THANKS

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

following are the condtiions to be satisfied to implement ASN.

1) ASN is identified only in MM system and SRM system does not know ASN.

2) ASN autoamtically creates inbound delivery in MM , but there is no concept of inbound delivery in SRM

3) when ASN is created in SUS , it will be xml message and this will be converted to IDOC by PI and send to MM system which creates inbound delivery in MM.

4) SRM-SUS and MM-SUS use different technolgies for communication. SRM-SUS ( both SRM AND SUS) use XML.

MM-SUS ( SUS uses XML and MM uses IDOC'S)

if you want to implement ASN in SRM-SUS , you have to consider the following things.

1) i have never seen any customer being able to MIX MM-SUS and SRM-SUS as both use different techonolgies for communication

2) If you want to implement ASN in SRM-SUS , you need to figure out how to send this ASN to SRM, this is because i am not sure whether PI system will be able to send this ASN as XML message to SRM system.

3) even if PI system is able to send XML message of ASN to SRM , i am not sure whether the SRM system will be able to create this as follow -on document for the PO.

4) finnaly check whether SAP is able to support this , because SAP does not support custom developments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comments are helpful to me.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pedro_santos6
Contributor
0 Kudos