Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Remove Printer Name from Crystal Report

How can i remove the printer name from the Crystal Report so that the PrinterName property of the CRAXDRT.Report object in the RDC SDK is blank WITHOUT having the "No Printer" Option checkbox checked?

Here's the scenerio. When I first create a Report and don't go into Page Setup, PrinterName property is blank. If I go into Page Setup and explicitly select a printer, PrinterName property equals the name of the printer selected. If I check the "No Printer" checkbox in Page Setup, PrinterName property is blank. But if i go back in and uncheck the "No Printer" checkbox in Page Setup, the PrinterName property equals the name of my Windows Default Printer.

Former Member
replied

Hello,

No, there is no option or way to verify or get/set the No Printer option in any version of CR runtime other than in the designer.

By default CR XI R2 is WYSIWYG and it does this by using the Video driver and default printer the same as Adobe does it. So even if you set the No Printer option it still uses the PC's default printer to render the report.

One work around that is generic is install the Windows Generic Print Driver which everyone has on older PC's or use the Microsoft XPS Document Writer on newer PC, set that as default printer and then update and save the reports. You can set the printer in code, saveAs to update the RPT and now it has a generic printer name.

So the ultimate question is WHY do you need to remove the printer name?

Thank you

Don

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question