cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the inspection stock of material xxx in QM only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Inspection type 04 is active for xxx. But when I am doing GR for production order or process order either through MB31 or COR6N I am getting above error " Change the inspection stock of material xxx in QM only". Diagnosis

You want to make a stock posting to/from the inspection stock. This is not allowed for material xxx because the quality inspection control has been activated by QM.

So no GR is possible.

WHat can be the problem and how to resolve it.

Pls note that 101 movement type is active for quality inspection.

Regds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the same error. Please let me know if this issue is resolved.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, 1st time I'm posting here. Just to say that I've faced the same issue, from COR6N  -

"Change the inspection stock of material xxx in QM only Message no. QA495".

While it was working till last week.

After analysis, I've found the root cause. In my case, I've started to activate the functionality called "Decentralized_Warehouse_Management_System_Integration". SPRO -Logistics Execution-Decentralized WMS Integration-Central Processing-Application-Activate Decentralized WMS.

I gonna design an additional warehouse to seggregate in a better way my need.

Don't know if it will help you, but I was facing exactly the same issue..

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Please let me know if you have found the solution because I am facing the same as well!!!

Thanks a lot!

Marie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution. ! Please refer to following post

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=113986

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When inspection type 04 is active, the stock of the material is posted to quality inspection after MB31 against Production Order. The default stock type in this case is Quality Inspection. If you are changing this stock type from Quality Inspection to Unrestricted use in MB31, then system gives this error.

In this case, do not change the stock type. Let the stock go to quality inspection. THen clear the stock to unrestricted through QA11.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In MB31, system is considering the stock type as X. I am not changing that. Still getting the error. The details of the error as below:

"Change the inspection stock of material xxx in QM only

Message no. QA495

Procedure

Check both the QM inspection setup data and the movement type for material xxx in the quality management view of the material master".

As I have mentioned earlier the inspection type is 04.

To test it further, I activated inspection type 01, created a PO and trying to receive stock via MIGO-101 against the PO.

Same error I am getting.

But when I am removing the stock type X and making it blank, then system is doing GR. Document getting posted.

So how can I use 01 and 04 inspection type?

Edited by: BNR on Apr 14, 2011 1:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl. check whether the quality management is deactivated for the movement type 101. If this is the case, then remove the tick for 'QM not active' for the movement type 101.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it is not deactivated with movement type 101.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BNR,

Sounds surprising and quite interesting!

We had once faced this issue. But the parameters were different. If you try to post the stock to quality inspection without inspection type activation in material master, you encounter with above problem.

Since all the settings you have been mentioning seem correct, I would suggest to debug the program with ABAPer and check step by step. Kindly let us also know the results.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl. check whether you have set any default settings for MB31 & MIGO. Remove any default settings & then try to do the GRN.

Regards,

Prashant

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was the process order created before you turned on the 04 inspection type?

You may want to recreate the process order new and see if that works.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is there even for fresh orders (PO and process orders all I tried by creating new one)

Regds

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thing is You want to make a stock posting to/from the inspection stock. means you are trying to move the stock form QI.

Check the "stock type" of GR you are doing.Also check where is material is laying !

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) I am not trying to move from QI stock. I am simply doing GR in MB31 with movement type 101. Only 101 means no special stock type. OK

2) Why to check where material is lying when I am doing GR and not GI?

Regds

Former Member
0 Kudos

check while doing material mvt. stock type in 'quality'

if it is unrestricted then u can get this error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When 04 inspection type is active then while doing GR automatically the material will posted to QI stock. I am getting error while doing GR itself. So it is terminating there itself.

Is any setting I have to check in customizing? If so pls advice.

The message class and no is QA 495.

Regds

Edited by: BNR on Apr 13, 2011 3:30 PM