Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport/import/export Mitigation Control id's from Dev in RAR 5.3

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am new to GRC 5.3. If I want to create mitigation control id's in Dev box.. How Can I transport these control id's to GRC PRD box as there is no utilities box under Mitigation tab like we have in CC 4.0 for transporting/download/upload to other systems ?

Please advise ?

Regard's,

Salman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

Find my reply below..

1) I am new to GRC 5.3. If I want to create mitigation control id's in Dev box.

Creating Mitigation Control:

In DEV GRC RAR >>Got to Mitigation >> Mitigation Control>>Create >> Enter Mitigating Control ID and Description >> Select - Business Unit and Management Approver >> Enter associated risk, Monitors, and if there is a any corresponding report that can be used to support this control, enter that information under the report tab and SAVE.

2) How Can I transport these control id's to GRC PRD box as there is no utilities box under Mitigation tab like we have in CC 4.0 for transporting/download/upload to other systems ?

You can Export and Import the mitigation components , Check again under Mitigation tab you can see Utilities option if not check your RAR access. Once you got access try below..

RAR Mitigation>> Go to Utilities>> Click Export >>Select Required components to export (like Mitigated controls, Users,Admin..etc)>> Click Get Mitigation>>Export Mitigation and Save on your desktop/share drive. Then import the same way to production GRC system.

Regards,

Ramesh K

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your help.

Actually, we are upgrading from GRC 5.2 to GRC 5.3. Currently, I want to export the mitigation control id's from GRC CC 5.2 but I can't find utilities under Mitigation tab in GRC CC 5.2. How can I export the Mitigation Controls from GRC 5.2 ?

Sorry, I couldn't explain in my previous post. I can see utilities option in GRC 5.3 but not in GRC 5.2

Or do I need more access for the utilities option under mitigation tab in 5.2 ?

Regard's,

Salman

Edited by: Salman123 on Apr 12, 2011 9:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

I worked long time back on GRC 5.2 version.

I know In 5.2 Utilities option is not there. But I think you can download mitigations >>By selecting all mitigations using shift >> click right button>> Export >> click export and SAVE.

Hope it works ..Try and let me know.

Thanks,

Ramesh K

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

in 5.2 -> Mitigation Tab->By selecting all mitigations using shift >> click right button>> Export >> click export and SAVE. = Not working.

Is there anyother way, to export the mitigations in a text file in 5.2 ?. We have lot of mitigation controls so want to export all before upgtading to 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can download all the mitigating controls by running a sql query in Complinace calibrator 5.2, for that you need to have this tab "SQL lookup" in CC 5.2 so in case you have that, you can form a query as "select * from virsa_cc_mitreft". This will give you a complete list of mitigations, but you cannot upload it in 5.2 version using the CC URL. You can only use this data to manually add it in the Production box.

Let me know in case this is not the issue.

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

This means 5.2 doesn't have option to download/upload Mitigation Controls.

If I can download using the sql tab then can I use that file to import in 5.3 (as 5.3 has the feature of import/export in utilities mitigation) ??

Please give your feedbacks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are no download/upload available in 5.2 for mitigating controls, even the sql query will only give you the details of risks which are mitigated and hence you cant use the same file to upload.

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I just want to know what is the upload file format in importing mitigation control id's? I've been trying to import but the system always prompted me with error.

Thanks,

Jhay