Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting Of Data In Data Manager

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Importing some records into the Data Manager and when i see the records in the Data Manager it is sorted alphabetically .

But when the same data is viewed in the portal the last imported entries are displayed in the end, is there some way to import the data into the data manager in a particular position.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vag,

But when the same data is viewed in the portal the last imported entries are displayed in the end, is there some way to import the data into the data manager in a particular position.

I would like to share it does not make any difference, sorting is just to find records quickly (in some order), it does not have any business impact if you are not getting records in MDM (in particular position) as it is getting viewed in the portal.

But still if you want to manage latest record created in MDM in last (in this particular position), just check it out, do you have fields of Type Create Stamp or Time stamp in your repository, if so set the property for these fields as sort Index = Normal which result in sorting records based on date and thus can bring latest records created in end.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

OKKK .. so its a LUT where you have one field and you want to sort it

try this :

introduce a new field in the table and call it ID (type autoid)

in trhis case : the last item will have the largest ID value

move this field to the first position in the table.

in this case: if its sorted in the descending order (default) : the last item should be shown first.

you can try this safely as its not disruptive if it doesnt work u can always revert back

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

u have only 1 field in the MAIN TABLE ??

thanks

-Adrivit

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is not a main table , it is just a lookup flat table .

Former Member
0 Kudos

its defaulted to a particular field - and i believe in ur case its the Item ID / MDM guid (some autoid field)(see data manager fields heading to see which is the field that is sorted ) thats why the latest items are inserted at the end

there is no such logic as you said (at the end etc)

thanks

-Adrivit

NB : for the sort index : its fine - that means that the field is SORTABLE and that the sorting is case insensitive

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adrivit,

I have only one field in the table and the sort is done on that field only , but even then i can see the values in the end of the list .

Former Member
0 Kudos

do an explicit sort in Data manager on the field you want and then do a view in the portal to check if this is solved.

I know , in the code theres a parameter sortID that you can set the displayResultSet() to get records sorted in the field you want .

(long text / blobs / QLUT cant be sorted though )

thanks

-Adrivit

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please let me know the following details

1) when i import or Add data into the data manager , How is the data stored in the MDM backend ?

Is it sorted according to the data we have entered or does the newly entered data inserted in the end of the database . (Backend of MDM)

Note : The Sort Index in console is set to Normal and Sort Type is set to Case Insensitive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within Data Manager, I believe it defaults to sorting on the first field, or the last field you had sorted on when you were in Data Manager. You can choose to sort on any of the fields.

In Portal, the default sort is probably the internal ID, in descending order.

If you want them to sort the same, I would suggest sorting on an "Auto ID" field in your main table. If you don't already have one, you would need to add it to your design.

Hope this helps,

Steve Monaghan

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

The thing is that the code is written in such a way that the data from the backend of MDM is directly sent to the portal and it looks like the last entered values are settling down in the bottom of the list , I cannot change the desing of the table now , but does MDM provide a provision to insert a value in the backend in a particular position ??