cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance node of standard service in a new enhancement namespace - PI 7.0

0 Kudos

I'm hoping some body has encountered a similar scenario while enhancing a standard service.

We are following [this guide |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0bb5687-00b2-2a10-ed8f-c9af69942e5d?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true] to enhance a data type which is available through the SAP APPL 6.03 namespace.

Refererring to page 6 in the above document. We are unable to enhance the nodes of the standard service. Any 'Data Enhancements' of this message type, ends up being appended to the end of the standard message type. Which is enhancement type 1 in the document.

I would like to understand how can we achieve the following:

--> How to enhance the standard message type which is referred to in a different namespace, such that, only my message type belonging to the enhancement namespace is modified and not the reference message type in the SAP APPL 6.03 namespace?

--> The enhancement should be such that I'm able to recieve future updates of this message type by SAP. This rules out modifying the standard message type and making a copy of it, I'm assuming...

I'm looking to enhance the message using 'Alternative 2 "Enhance"' for customers/partners described in Page 5.

Any help to overcome this issue will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Milind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

The node issue is now resolved, we noticed that for each standard data type, there are several more, which are being referenced, we enhanced the reference nodes and then call the main message.

Now, I'm looking to add a custom 'Element' using the Data Enhancement. Using Data Enhancement, I seem to only be able to add a custom structure but not a custom element.

I'm hoping for some help here..