Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP !!! displaying variable value in form using binding

jeff_broodwar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm currently working on the design view of livecycle. I have several subforms. 5 subforms are on the same level:

say:

zmatnr

zarktx

herkr

hts

lfimg

I was able to display the last 3 fields. but having problem with the first 2. instead of displaying the material number,

When I execute the form, it displays same as specified in the text. Please let me know how to solve this.

thanks,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brood War...haha...good one....SC player?

Anyways....I would check your bindings. Sounds like something isn't right.....syntax or context.

jeff_broodwar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah SC Broodwar hehe, I don't think sc2 is as good as SC1. hehe, going back yeah let me show a part of my context and hierarchy design as well as the faulty binding for matnr. I'm really new in this hope you can help out. thanks in advance.

Context:

MAIN
 > Pricing_code
    >TAB_DATA
      >GW_LIPS
         *MANDT
         *VBELN
         Z_MATNR  " (Folder, autogenerated structure when I migrated smartform to pdf;changed nameZ_MATNR instead of MATNR due to error that it's not unique...)
             *V_MATNR
         Z_ARKTX "Same as Z_MATNR
             *G_ABV
             *V_DESC
         HERKR
             *G_HERKR

Now, for folders under the same level as Z_MATNR, I get blank values or 0.00 (w/c is right. but for Z_MATNR, I get the

curly braces as output in the form. Layout: Hierarchy

TAB_DATA (subform)
   >GW_LIPS (subform)
       >layout_top_to_bottom (subform)
            >MATNR (auto generated subform, not generated Z_MATNR. anyways I tried all possible names and bindings...no good)
                 -MATNR (type text)
                 -append_mode___(whatever)
                 -V_MATNR (same as append_mode text field)
Bindings for each: TAB_DATA: Use Name(TAB_DATA) GW_LIPS: Use Name(GW_LIPS) Layout_top_to_bottom: Use name... MATNR: Use name(MATNR) V_MATNR: $record.MAIN.TAB_DATA.GW_LIPS[*].V_MATNR That's the exact autogenerated setup. I tried misc changes for the node V_MATNR but I still get as display.

any idea?

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

FYI, is a floating field on text. Normally I will use this when I need to display field with some others static text with various font formatting, such as bold, color, and etc.

"auto generated subform, not generated Z_MATNR"

I'm not sure how the field being added this field to the form and how to auto generate subform into form. Are you generate the subform using drag and drop method from "Data View" Tab?

If i were you, i will delete this text where the floating attached, and create a TextField with binding to your Z* field. Hope this helps.

• agree with you, SC1 is better.

regards,

Xiang Li

jeff_broodwar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys for your reply,

Xiang Li, this is generated when I migrated a smartform to PDF. other fields display correctly.

say:

Litres: = Litres: 0.00

but for Z_MATNR =

yes there is a binding that used a textfield. I'm not sure about what you suggested, if I delete the text object under subform MATNR (system generated MATNR in hierarchy instead of Z_MATNR as specified in context) I'm not sure how the material number will be displayed since I need the to display the value.

jeff_broodwar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Solved issue. guess it's a problem with ADOBE. I checked the xml source code and found out that there's no binding parameters for the fields that only display the text ex: . I modified the xml code and got my issue resolved.

sad to say but, ADOBE livecycle designer isn't as good as it looks. faulty software, I agree with what others say.

Thanks,

Jeffbroodwar